Scroll to bottom for dates of Trainings
Jake's Hope offers public or private suicide prevention training presented by a certified QPR Trainer. QPR stands for Question, Persuade, Refer and is a nationally recognized suicide prevention program created by Dr. Paul G. Quinnett and the QPR Institute. This simple education program teaches ordinary people how to spot a suicide crisis and what steps to take.
Feel free to attend one of our QPR trainings listed on our website or schedule one for your group or community. We provide these free trainings to educate the community, spread the word about suicide prevention, and remove the stigma associated with mental health issues. If we can help just one person, we have
reached our goal.
If you would like to schedule a training for your group, all we ask is for a donation for the official QPR booklets that are provided for attendees, which are $2 each. However, if your group is unable to pay for the booklets, Jake's Hope will help cover the cost, so please don't let that deter you from scheduling a training with your group.
During this training you will learn more about:
1. Statistics on suicide nationally and in your county
2. Common suicide myths and facts
3. Warning signs of suicide
4. Tips for asking the suicide question
5. Methods for persuading suicidal individuals to get help
6. How to refer an at-risk person for local resources
This training is intended for a variety of audiences including:
1. General public (appropriate for 7th grade up through adults)
3. Human Resource staff
4. Primary care & social service providers
5. Education staff
6. Law enforcement, fire department staff, first responders, and health officials
Kari Krummel, a Jake's Hope board member, is a certified QPR trainer for Minnesota, Amy Seeger is a certified QPR Trainer for Colorado. Jake's Hope is eager to bring suicide prevention training to the community and we look forward to hearing from you. If you like to schedule a QPR training, please contact Kari Krummel at email@example.com / Amy Seeger at firstname.lastname@example.org